Small church, standard 5pcs drumset with 5 pcs cymbal setup, Loud Sound~!!! Help~!!!!

My church's size is about seating capacity of 70 people. We have tried various of ways to set our drumset to "softer" down the voice of the drum. Finally we decide to leave it in the middle due to the balance of the sound travel to other musician (P.S. small church = no budget = micing and drumshield are impossible). Now my senior pastor requesting me to use brush... but i got a promark lighting rods... the problem of loudness solved~! praise the Lord... BUT!!!! THE PROBLEM IS~ rods tend to give delays and is easy to break. I had find hard time to adjust myself to use the rods... please help me "spare the rods"!!! get it??? lol...
Any suggestions can help me to solve my new problem? without spending much finance and the feels is back and i don;t need to hold back...
Thanks! God bless! Appreciate all your comments~!!!

Views: 688

Replies to This Discussion

Hey Jerry,

Anytime feel free to email me at theplague6t7@yahoo.com.au if you need any more suggestions.
However i'm sure most drummers would agree specially those who work professionally outside the "church" space that you wont often find venues even use perspex or plexiglass shields, it was only recently i saw a live bill bailey guide to he live orchestra concert that i saw one of these in use..... and it was actually surrounding the drums and percussion section to keep out the rest of the sound of the orchestra........
I see the benefit of the plexi glass in practical application but often i dont know about any of the drummers on here, but it produces alot more problems in some respects than its worth.
Hi all;
I have seen these shields in use, mostly in recording aspects to allow the production sound person to control the drum tone and volume levels. The drums were shielded and miked to have better control of the sound and volume equality with the other musicians. Other places were in churches due to the volume problems with the congragation in the pews. I too have seldom seen there use in most professional venues. As you stated, most professional/semi professional drummers practice repeatedly and are dynamic in their playing. Unlike most instraments with a volume control, drums require the drummer to be sensitive to the dynamics of the song as well as the people they are playing to. I am a jazz drummer who started playing Worship music about 5 years ago and still play outside of the church The problem I have found is that a lot of the Worship Leaders and musicians I have delt with have never used a drummer with dynamics and are worried about the congragations reactions to seeing drummers for the first time or a replacement drummer taking over from an inexperienced one. They give you all kinds of advice on an instrament they know little about. I have learned to stifle my replies and when the gig is over, they usually stop talking about shields etc. The cost factor for the mikes, shield and extra mixer space is usually a deal breaker for the shield in most church budgets anyway.
Hope everything works out,
Leigh

RSS

© 2019       Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service