When you look at your music ministry, worship leading, etc... what is your scale of measurement as you determine if it is successful or not? What would you need to see for you to feel that something has come of all of your time and efforts? What would make you feel like you've successfully lead the worship/music ministry of your church? What would make you feel like your actions as a Christian artist had been successful?

I ask all of these questions as they came to me because of a comment from another Christian artist. He was bitter towards music ministry as he felt that "nothing had come" of all of his efforts in his music. So it must be because God just hadn't stepped in yet to do anything with him.

What is he looking for and waiting for? What about you?

Views: 330

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I am not recommending this, just as I would not recommend sight reading for everyone. Just glad there's one place where it works to do what I do, because I'm sure I would not fit in everywhere.

But where can you go from there when it just needs a bit more?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KOO5S4vxi0o

:-)

There's more to playing guitar in a group setting than what consensus says about modern worship.

Well, no one had posted anything for a couple of days, and I can't stand the quiet. When we're opening "Mamma Mia" at the high school in another week and a half, and what I'm playing at church makes ABBA feel like a Swedish metal band, something must be done. ;)

You mean that an assumed consensus elsewhere doesn't actually constitute a universal best practice? :D

There's a vulgar schoolboy joke about 50 million flies, but that's inappropriate here. :p

Talking of Abba, have you ever found yourself playing the riffs from songs that sound like they were the inspiration for worship songs? I can't remember the worship song now, but there's one that always reminds me of 'does your mother know' (others that seem similarly related to worship songs include Another Brick In The Wall, More Than A Feeling and Since You Been Gone, though obviously not in YOUR church environment).

You get bonus points if you can visualise Rowan Atkinson singing in the bathroom. ;-) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pbZMv52WCPY

RSS

© 2018       Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service