--------------------------------------------------

Update from me :) (11th October 2016)

We're still here - and looks like I've found someone to take over the site! This could well mean it's here to stay - at least for a while anyway.

Will keep you updated when I have more details.
--------------------------------------------------

It's been quite a journey since we launched Worship The Rock in 2008!

We're going to be shutting the site down in the next weeks as I don't have the time or financial resources to continue this unfortunately.

If you want to keep any material on this site please ensure you copy it / download it / save it etc asap.

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Thanks!

Phil
phil@worshiptherock.com

Views: 535

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

--- UPDATE --- 

We've had a number of offers from people who would be interested in acquiring the site so watch this space for next steps!

That sounds promising Phil.  Hope you will stay around in some shape or form though : )

I haven't been here in a while.  It seems a lot of other forums and groups have gone to facebook.  People's attentions have also gone to facebook.

I suggest to create a facebook "group" instead of facebook page.  A group can be closed, monitored, more than a page etc. A page is usually intended for the owner to post updates.  What likers post doesn't show up on the news feed.  A group is more like a forum with discussions, etc.  Then , it's free.  Paid for by facebook advertising.  You can then also assign admins to help maintain and monitor.

Hi, Phil. Thank you for your efforts with this site. May God bless you!

Into the month of September and still here : )  

Sounds like a good plan.  Not on facebook but the temptation of WTR may be too hard to resist : )

Dan said:

I haven't been here in a while.  It seems a lot of other forums and groups have gone to facebook.  People's attentions have also gone to facebook.

I suggest to create a facebook "group" instead of facebook page.  A group can be closed, monitored, more than a page etc. A page is usually intended for the owner to post updates.  What likers post doesn't show up on the news feed.  A group is more like a forum with discussions, etc.  Then , it's free.  Paid for by facebook advertising.  You can then also assign admins to help maintain and monitor.

Phil,

That is sad. 

I understand, you have to have resources to do ministry.  That's just the way it is.

God bless you.

Mario de la Torres

When I came to the site just now, I got a popup that said the payment for the site is overdue and it could be shut down... so, potentially, farewell to all ye, and thanks again, Phil.  Hope something works out...

Seen it, and it pops up each time you go on to a different page.  Talk about making a point!

Charles Wolff said:

When I came to the site just now, I got a popup that said the payment for the site is overdue and it could be shut down... so, potentially, farewell to all ye, and thanks again, Phil.  Hope something works out...

Update from me :)

We're still here - and looks like I've found someone to take over the site! This could well mean it's here to stay - at least for a while anyway.

Will keep you updated when I have more details.

Phil

RSS

© 2018       Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service