Let me just get this out of my system.  We all know we want to post a listing of our current pedal set-ups and to see what other people are using. We all just need to remember the two major sins associated with this kind of posting (pride and covetousness) and lay our hearts out before the Lord so He can remind us that our value and purpose in life is not informed by effects pedals.  Once we move beyond that I think this kind of discussion thread can be fun and educational.

My current board set up looks like this:

Guitar --TC Helicon Harmony G XT --Boss Noise Supres ---Digitech TimeBender Delay--EH Cathedral

V              ^                                                                 V

EH Soul Preacher     Boss Power Wah                        Egnater Renegade 65

V               ^

VL Sparkle Drive --- EH Nano Stone Phase

Hope that is not confusing.

Views: 4403

Replies to This Discussion

Hey!!! Keep your amp talk off my pedal thread!!! ;-)

:P

Without our amps, your pedals don't sound like nuthin'.

;-)

I just skip the amp and run all my pedals direct to the board.  (Kidding!)

Cue Michael Palin voice.

HE'S A WITCH - BURN HIM, BURN HIM!

Cut Micheal Palin voice.

How do you *know* he's a witch?

Well, he turned me into a newt...I got better.

It's all part of the chain brother!

Thanks for your honesty.

Interesting thread, and how it's panning out.

As a strat player (and who prefers the middle pickup non-noise cancelling) I don't mind a bit - quite a lot - of hiss. My old AC30 sounds like a steam train - it would be so loud that if I didn't turn the tone cut right off then you'd hear it during the sermon in a church of 300 - un-mic'd.

Why say that? well, my favourite overdrive pedal is an old silver Jekyll & Hyde, and that's a really noisy pedal in a living room, but sounds fabulous with the right guitar, amp and speaker with a band.

I don't really have a fixed pedal board. I do have a board, but swap stuff in and out according to what meeting and what guitar & amp I want to use. Typically for worship the chain will go guitar -> various* -> J&H -> Rocktron Deep Blue chorus -> Behringer UT100 trem -> Carbon copy analogue delay -> Danelectro PB&J digital delay -> volume pedal -> Korg pitch black tuner. Patch cables are canare/neutrik.

*Might stick a Cry baby, overdrive, booster, compressor or fuzz in there, depending.Sometimes I'll bung a Boss BF-2 flanger in the mix if I want more modulation and less drive (a lot of worship I hear on CDs uses dirty/jangly electric ALL the time, and misses out on rich, clean tones that shimmer without loosening fillings).

I'll still happily get the the old Korg processor out - the compressor is the best I've personally ever come across, the chorus OK, the reverbs/delay good and the EQ great. It's a very versatile board that doesn't squish all tones into a single mold, like a modeler does. At the moment I'm mostly playing a Godin xtSA through a Roland GR33. The guitar has a reasonably acoustic-like sound and the synth does some of the stuff you'd want from a keyboard player to fill things out.

I used to play with a guy who used one of the older model J&H pedals I loved most everything I heard out of it.  He was strat player too.

It's funny you mentioned that PB&J delay.  One of my good friends swore by that delay for years...until he crushed it .....or something happened to it I can't remember. 

(a lot of worship I hear on CDs uses dirty/jangly electric ALL the time, and misses out on rich, clean tones that shimmer without loosening fillings).

Yes, I totally feel the same way. When was the last time you heard the sound of a Strat playing clean through a Plexi or a Vibrolux? 

Longer than I can remember.

That Marshall 18watt clone has a really nice vintage-style trem built in too.

How do you like the clean headroom? I'm so tempted to do that next instead of a Bassman.

RSS

© 2019       Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service