What is the glory of God like? As worship leaders, do We lead because we can sing or as directed by the HolySpirit? What is the authorities of the churches nowadays?

Views: 30

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Wow. There is a lot of ground to cover. I'll try to keep it short:

What is the glory of God like?
Amazing. It can't be described.

As worship leaders, do We lead because we can sing or as directed by the HolySpirit?
This is a tricky question there are a lot of different ways to interpret the question. I'll answer it the way my brain initially thinks about it:

1. You don't have to be able to sing to lead worship.
2. Worship is much more than singing as indicated by Romans 12.
3. I struggle with "as directed by the HS" partially because people justify their actions in worship as "the HS made me do it" or something simular. While the HS can influence our worship, Holy Scripture makes it clear that He isn't a critical component of our worship. The entire point of worship is to give God reverence and respect. We do this a lot of ways, praise music and "reverent" music are just 2 of a very long list.

What is the authorities of the churches nowadays?
Very hard question to answer as there are a ton of different slants. I don't know that the Church itself has any authority.

God has authority: He is called sovereign throughout the entirety of Scripture. Jesus notes that all authority has been given to Him in the Gospels.

Holy Scripture has authority: I don't think this is expressly noted anywhere in the Bible. However "the word was with God and the word was God".

The Church (the people) has no ability to condemn or save. This is God's role.
Man Cory--you really put yourself out on the line in these discussions. I don't have the time nor the desire to get involved in most of them.

You stated at the end that "The Church (the people) has no ability to condemn or save. This is God's role."

I doubt if you'll get an argument with it, but I believe many unchurched see the church as trying to do just that. I know I thought that throughout most of the '80's and I can't be the only one who notices that many church leaders become publicly known when they make comments condemning others for one reason or another.
I don't have the time nor the desire to get involved in most of them.
According to my friends, I never sleep so...

I doubt if you'll get an argument with it, but I believe many unchurched see the church as trying to do just that.
I totally agree with you here. We DO do this. We aren't supposed to, but we do. Granted, there is something of a fine line: I don't think you can really tell somebody "people who aren't Christians don't go to heaven" without them hearing "You're going to hell unless I approve of your life". OK, maybe you can, but there are always people who try to take that kind of thing the wrong direction.

We are supposed to echo the truth, we aren't supposed to do the condemning.

thanks to all that took part in my "Glory" discussion. I liked all the views and some of the answers I am seeing clearly on our virws as worship leader. Note: we need to know the word og God for ourselves as worship leaders. It was the devil's position remember, so he will not be happy tosee us do well in that department.

God bless

RSS

© 2018       Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service