Instruments & Gear - Discussions & Reviews (543)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Electric Bass suggestions. ..

I have degrees in piano and voice, so that is my strength, but I've been leading worship from guitar for the lady year or so at church. Due…

Started by Josh Simpson

20 Apr 11, 2015
Reply by Allan Midgley

The electric guitar...friend or foe?

The electric guitar has been around for close to a century, with the first commercial hollowbodies available in the early 30s; yet in 2014,…

Started by Steven Gereghty

27 Jun 29, 2014
Reply by Greg Newhouse

Mandolin and Church Worship

Hello everyone! The other day, I bought a nice little mandolin at an estate sale.  I've been playing guitar for years, and couldn't pass up…

Started by TJ

10 May 15, 2014
Reply by Vic Salt

Out-of-the-Box instrumentation

In this conservative age, the worship team tends to be limited to the usual acoustic, electric, bass and drum.  I've known of teams that di…

Started by Greg Moore

38 Oct 16, 2013
Reply by Toni

Two Keyboardists - how to manage?

Do any of you use (2) keyboard players at the same time? if so, how do they play without having a dueling keyboard time on each song?

Started by Steve

16 Oct 1, 2013
Reply by Greg Moore

Adding a new keyboardist

Hey gang, please give me your advice on this; I have someone wanting to join the team & she play keys. She stated she can & normall…

Started by Steve

8 Sep 30, 2013
Reply by Greg Moore

Putting drums on stage

For various reasons our Church worship team would like to put the band on staging (to the side of the church). The staging would probably b…

Started by John Winterburn

8 Aug 6, 2013
Reply by Matthew Stahlmann

How Many Instruments In Worship?

Hello, I have a question for some worship leaders... I am not the worship leader for my church's congregation, but I am the music director…

Started by Tyruke Sidrix

7 Jul 19, 2013
Reply by David D Waggoner

Why refuse a capo?

It seems that some guitarists think that using a capo is in some way cheating and therefore refuse to use one. I don't understand this as i…

Started by Worship The Rock

184 Jul 3, 2013
Reply by Greg Newhouse

Tuning the Drums

This morning, a well-meaning praise team member brought a tuner, and he and the drummer tuned our excellent acoustic set, very nicely, afte…

Started by Greg Moore

0 Jun 24, 2013

RSS

© 2019       Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service