1. Active or passive ?
2. Strings , stainless, nickel, half round, flat wound or tape wound ?
3. How many strings? 4,5,6,7, or more ? (main bass)
4. Neck, fretted , fretless,?
5. Fret board, rosewood, maple, other ?
6. Pick ups, configuration and brand ?7
7.Amp , brand, speaker configuration, tweeter, tube, solid state.
8. style (most used ) fingers, pick, slap,
For me it would be;
1.Active 2. nickel 3.4 strings 4.fretted 5.maple 6.single humbucker (Stingray stock)
7.SWR 4x10 tweeter tube/solid 8. fingers
Since I have 5 different basses to choose from this could be interesting.
1. Passive on all
2. Rotosound roundwounds on all but the P-bass which has flatwounds
3. 4 strings on all
4. Both, the Yamaha is fretless
5. Rosewood on all
6. J/J, P, P/J, MM, Yamaha humbucker at both bridge and neck
7. G/K 1000W, with G/K 4x10 and 1/15, solid state