This mash up has ben working quite well recently...

https://soundcloud.com/joeaikenmusic/set-a-fire-youre-all-i-want-li...

Anyone got any nice mash ups they've used?

Any that didn't work?

Views: 398

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

What about songs where a verse and a chorus of the same song can be overlapped.  I've never tried this and I may well be wrong, but was thinking that 'I could sing of Your love forever' and 'Over the mountains and the sea........' could be sung at the same time and work???

Glad to oblige!

The (by far) craziest Medley that I was ever able to pull off was "In Christ Alone" and "Cornerstone"  For Cornerstone, we did the octave jump and everything.  ICA was a bit lower than I would typically do, but we kept the instrumentals quiet to compensate.

The biggest challenge was not the vocal range needed to tie them together, but the time signature changing from 4/4 to 3/4 and back to 4/4.  We let the instrumentals ring out while I established the new TS and everyone jumped back in.  We did this for a youth retreat and had a blast with it.

Would not recommend it unless you have a very competent band =P

Sounds great! What key were you in?

Bryan J Emerson said:

The (by far) craziest Medley that I was ever able to pull off was "In Christ Alone" and "Cornerstone"  For Cornerstone, we did the octave jump and everything.  ICA was a bit lower than I would typically do, but we kept the instrumentals quiet to compensate.

The biggest challenge was not the vocal range needed to tie them together, but the time signature changing from 4/4 to 3/4 and back to 4/4.  We let the instrumentals ring out while I established the new TS and everyone jumped back in.  We did this for a youth retreat and had a blast with it.

Would not recommend it unless you have a very competent band =P

Oh goodness, C maybe.  We went as high as we could with Cornerstone (I am a Baritone and usually play a half step/step lower than CD keys), but In Christ Along could not go any lower at the instrumental level without being drowned out.  I still felt it was successful but it was one of those "what was I thinking?!?!?" moments =P

About 50 years ago we used to do one called Fruit Salad! A mashup of at least a dozen partial songs strung one after the other, so it's an old concept but can be lots of fun if done well.

No one remember that one? I must be old! lol

RSS

© 2017       Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service