This mash up has ben working quite well recently...

https://soundcloud.com/joeaikenmusic/set-a-fire-youre-all-i-want-li...

Anyone got any nice mash ups they've used?

Any that didn't work?

Views: 530

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I'm not even sure this counts as a "mashup". but we used to mix together the Rich Mullins "Awesome God" and "Humble Thyself" -

Humble thyself in this sight of the Lord (2x)

And He, and He shall lift you up   (repeat)

Our God is an awesome God, He reigns from heaven above

With wisdom, power and love, our God is an awesome God (repeat)

So... humble thyself... etc.

It counts in my book!


Charles Wolff said:

I'm not even sure this counts as a "mashup". but we used to mix together the Rich Mullins "Awesome God" and "Humble Thyself" -

Humble thyself in this sight of the Lord (2x)

And He, and He shall lift you up   (repeat)

Our God is an awesome God, He reigns from heaven above

With wisdom, power and love, our God is an awesome God (repeat)

So... humble thyself... etc.

Here's the video! Not great picture quality but the sound it quite good! http://youtu.be/wRf5xjNtlkw

What's the difference between a mashup and a medley, apart from a generation of pop music?

Hi Toni, probably just a choice of words....although a mash up is probably supposed to mesh the songs together more i.e. More overlaying rather than simply switching from one to another...so for the purposes of this topic both mash ups and medley are accepted!



Toni said:

What's the difference between a mashup and a medley, apart from a generation of pop music?

When I think of 'mashup' I think of something like the combination of AC/DC and the Bee Gees that I recently saw on Facebook and then tracked down on YouTube. Utterly brilliant, IMHO, but I can't quite see that working in church. Even leaving the source material aside, I'm not sure I can envisage how this kind of combination could work for congregational worship. Very clever (and there are plenty more of that calibre online) but definitely showcase performance pieces.

Listening to Joe's Soundcloud sample, I'd definitely lean towards calling that a medley - it provides a musical segue between two songs and the lyrical content of the two songs complement each other well.

Anyway, it's getting late so back to enjoying the vein of mashups I've found on YouTube (currently Abba and Van Halen)... and hoping that doesn't come out too much when I'm leading worship next Sunday morning!

Wulf

A few years ago, I mashed the lyrics and melody of Matt Redman's "Blessed Be Your Name" with the music from Coldplay's "Viva la Vida".  Mostly just for fun, but we did use it one Sunday.

Nate

Whatever the terminology, I like this Joe and it appeals to me.  I have done a set of ten 'Godly' and ten 'Divine' choruses (G and D keys) that flow into each other (don't need to be done in order) and 'Draw me close to You' is one of them.  As I rarely work from a set list, they are a great standby for when you get a mental blank or people don't know the songs as they are simple and you can repeat them as many times as you like then move on to another.  I would like to come up with a C key set of choruses next and any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Jimmy Owens' Holy Holy, the hymn Holy, Holy, Holy, and the chorus Holy, Holy, Holy is the Lord of Hosts could medley in to "Agnus Dei", perhaps "Spirit of the Living God'.  Others - I'm short of time, so I'll just fire some out randomly that are short, easy and good in C:  In His Time, Jesus (There's Just Something About His Name);  - some faster ones - Clap Your hands, all You People (Owens), God's Not Dead (unknown - I can feel Him in my Hands... feet, in the air, etc.), I will Bless the Name of Jesus (unknwon), I Will Sing Hallelujah (from Zion Songs); I will Sing of the Mercies of the Lord; I've... got... that...Joy, joy, joy, joy down in my heart // In Him We Live (Speir) // Joy Is the Flag //  Know ye Not //  Let the Redeemed of the Lord Say So (Ward Ellis) // My Glory and the Lifter of My Head (Mae McAlister, 1967, from the Psalm), The Lord Liveth (& Blessed Be the Rock); then into C minor for "I Lay in Zion (for a foundation a Stone); Rock Powell's Jewish-style Hallelujah (Ps. 95) // The Lion of Judah (Bells of St. Mary's melody) //What a Mighty God We Serve // We Bring the Sacrifice of Praise, and - gotta have this one - "The Joy of the Lord is My Strength (Alliene Vale).

Just came across an old combination of In Him We Live And Move coupled with We Wanna See Jesus Lifted High both played in D.

IIRC a mild mangling of rhythms was required, but it wasn't too bad (remembered through 20 YO rose-tinted spectacles).

Just found another: I Love You Lord run together with All Hail King Jesus - they flow naturally and it's easy to swap between them.

Hi Greg, thank you so much for this, some great ideas here.  Mind you, I don't know some of them so I need to do some homework.  Again thanks for taking the time and trouble, very much appreciated.

Greg Moore said:

Jimmy Owens' Holy Holy, the hymn Holy, Holy, Holy, and the chorus Holy, Holy, Holy is the Lord of Hosts could medley in to "Agnus Dei", perhaps "Spirit of the Living God'.  Others - I'm short of time, so I'll just fire some out randomly that are short, easy and good in C:  In His Time, Jesus (There's Just Something About His Name);  - some faster ones - Clap Your hands, all You People (Owens), God's Not Dead (unknown - I can feel Him in my Hands... feet, in the air, etc.), I will Bless the Name of Jesus (unknwon), I Will Sing Hallelujah (from Zion Songs); I will Sing of the Mercies of the Lord; I've... got... that...Joy, joy, joy, joy down in my heart // In Him We Live (Speir) // Joy Is the Flag //  Know ye Not //  Let the Redeemed of the Lord Say So (Ward Ellis) // My Glory and the Lifter of My Head (Mae McAlister, 1967, from the Psalm), The Lord Liveth (& Blessed Be the Rock); then into C minor for "I Lay in Zion (for a foundation a Stone); Rock Powell's Jewish-style Hallelujah (Ps. 95) // The Lion of Judah (Bells of St. Mary's melody) //What a Mighty God We Serve // We Bring the Sacrifice of Praise, and - gotta have this one - "The Joy of the Lord is My Strength (Alliene Vale).

RSS

© 2017       Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service