So what is God doing in your life?  I recently had a situation where it was extremely clear to me that God’s hand was in it.  It was perfectly orchestrated and I knew the timing was His.  It doesn’t have to pertain to music or worship leading.  I just thought we could celebrate what God is doing in the lives of this community and in that way worship Him.

So what has happened to you recently that illistrates that God is at work, and as Roman’s says, using all things for good to those who love Him and are called according to His purpose.

Views: 249

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Hi Jorn,

Mostly, the Lord has moved me into some responsibilities in our church that I didn't really think I'd go into.  I found myself getting a little frustrated at times with playing on the worship team ( a long story ... ) and in talking with the Pastor and the WL, we all came to agree that perhaps it would be best to step back from that for a while.  I miss it, but I also find value in it too.

Anyway, in synch with that, it seems I've picked up a little more of the Lord's work:

1.  Responsible for a Daily Devotion (another long story!)

2.  Life Group Leader for the Worship Team

3.  Worship Team Coordinator

4.  Kind of an "informal mentor" to a younger adult 

Seems like a lot - and it is - but #1 and #2 have really been pretty rewarding - both for His Kingdom & for me on a personal level.  I've been seeing more and more over the last few months that:

Duet 6:4-5 (“Hear, O Israel: The Lord our God, the Lord is one!  You shall love the Lord your God with all your heart, with all your soul, and with all your strength.) --

Lev 19:18 (You shall not take vengeance, nor bear any grudge against the children of your people, but you shall love your neighbor as yourself: I am the Lord.)

along with Matt 22:37-40 (Jesus said to him, “‘You shall love the Lord your God with all your heart, with all your soul, and with all your mind.’  This is the first and great commandment.  And the second is like it: ‘You shall love your neighbor as yourself.’  On these two commandments hang all the Law and the Prophets.”

-- are so vital.  If one starts understanding and living these, you are on the right path and God will move you forward to some of the other plans He has. 

Anyway, Mother Teresa is qutoed as saying: “I know God will not give me anything I can't handle.  I just wish that He didn't trust me so much.”  That's kinda how I'm starting to feel!  *LoL*

God Bless!

Carl

It's cool when God moves you into a position that is out of your comfort zone.  You are really operating under His steam and not your own.  That is some really good stuff!  It gives you a chance to clearly see His hands at work.

I seem to be moving into more of an eldership role (CoE call them church wardens, and the role is relatively undefined and a little curious). This is good because God has definitely called me that way, but it's not a trivial thing either: the church is in a place of transition and in the words of Carl Perkins "there is a whole lot of shaking goin' on". After 3 years of battles (personal, spiritual and sometimes personnel) I was ready to walk away from the worship team altogether, but also head that at present (looking to move it on when possible though).

Life is full, and probably going to get fuller.

It is important to have leaders in the church who can listen to their calling.  I'm praying God really gives you clear vision that is without a doubt from Him.

Blessings!

Thanks Jorn.

Sometimes we need to be more like Noah's ark - afloat, but not in control of where God takes us, and sometimes shut in without knowing when we'll get out..

I feel like God is always working but wonder if He just chooses to give us little glimpses into what He's doing once in a while for whatever reason.  I think it takes amazing faith to be able to follow God in the time when He is not leaving us bread crumbs.  There's a big difference between seeing and believing vs believing without seeing.  Your faith is a gift and a blessing!

He's sustaining it!!!

God has placed me and my wife in a "nice" big old brick church with a real bell and 120 years' worth of dedicatory plaques, seen on virtually every object, pew and window.  An outside inlooker might see an aging congregation, declining in attendance almost monthly, a miniscule budget, and a pastor who reads his sermons.  In fact, that's what I heard before we visited one Sunday, hearing they needed music help.  We found a gentle-spirited Pastor with a listening ear and amazing ability to help people relationally; a choir fanatically in love with Jesus music; parishioners who quietly help their community in many ways that don't directly benefit the church; a family of volunteers that is building a great youth group with nothing but love, Bible teaching and pizza.  God is very much at work in this place; and now our church is starting on an adventure, trying to grow a more lively and passionate spirituality in our walk with Christ.

The depression of having grown too out-of-style for the "going" church we had been called to sixteen years earlier has given way to the peaceful feeling of being in the right place for our abilities, with plenty enough challenges to keep us from becoming complacent! 

After starting in on keys I found myself thrust into leading one of our churches worship teams, and in spite of complaining bitterly that it is difficult to play and sing at the same time, from the first time I lead it came almost effortlessly. Being involved with Kairos Prison Ministries in worship has removed any doubt that God has indeed called me to serve Him in music and worship. Its really precious how He gently corrects the lies I had believed for many years, and how His strength carries me through situations that I could never have managed alone. In that I am glad that I am still in somewhat over my head - it assures that I remain dependent on Him!  ;-)

There's lots of things. 

I feel that God wants me out in the world: 

With my Wife, I'm training to be a Street Paster.

With four friends I'm in a band and we witness in pubs singing our own songs.  We started as a duo and we are going to get out to more Open Mic nights.

In both of these things I wonder who God will bring to us so we can pray for them and/or tell them about Jesus.

One Thursday I'm going to the worship team meeting in our new church to see if  I should be part of it.   When I'm not worshiping God through living life, I love worshiping God with my Guitar.   So I'll push on the door lightly!

Go Vic!

RSS

© 2017       Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service