Just wondering what new worship songs from this year (2016) have caught your imagination? Is there a particular worship song that was new to you recently, but now seems like you've known it for ages? These songs are often the ones that are congregational and easy to pick up. Looking forward to seeing which new 2016 worship songs are popular amongst our members! 

Just to be clear, these don't need to be songs that were written or came out in 2016 - you may have simply discovered a 'golden oldie' this year!

Views: 602

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

We're putting a couple WtR songs into the rotation - "Be With Me" by Joe Aiken and "Take Me Away" by Joshua Halls.  Thanks for permission to use those.  We did "Take Me Away" during the offering on Sunday but it sounds like we did it a little TOO slow, so I'm going to wait 'til we play it again to post a recording.

Pastor is planning to do a sermon series on the Lord's Prayer during Lent, so I did some digging and found "Our Father" by Don Moen... it's on the mellow side, even for us, but I like that it's not just the original KJV words.  There is a more upbeat song by Michael W. Smith called (I think) "As It Is In Heaven," but I can't find it anywhere in CCLI, so I posted a question on one of MWS's pages.  No reply yet...

We're going to work on Sarah Reeves' "Awaken," but I think that by the time we actually do it, it'll be sounding rather more country than her version.  Think we need a couple more upbeat things in the rotation.  I cleaned a lot of stuff out of the books after advent/Christmas, probably a bit more than I should have.

Just started using "Even So Come". Love that song. I know you're all using it already but I had to wait until after Christmas.

al

www.everydaypraise.com

God bless you Al... great songs of worship!

That God still inspiring you...

Hey Charles,

We've done As It Is In Heaven so I hope this info helps:

As It Is In Heaven

by Ed Cash, Matt Maher (performed by Matt Maher)

CCLI Song#:4669748

Copyright info: spiritandsong.com | Thankyou Music | Wondrously Made Songs (Admin. by Capitol CMG Publishing) | (Admin. by Music Services, Inc.)

Charles Wolff said:

Pastor is planning to do a sermon series on the Lord's Prayer during Lent, so I did some digging and found "Our Father" by Don Moen... it's on the mellow side, even for us, but I like that it's not just the original KJV words.  There is a more upbeat song by Michael W. Smith called (I think) "As It Is In Heaven," but I can't find it anywhere in CCLI, so I posted a question on one of MWS's pages.  No reply yet...

Two different songs.  The Michael W. Smith one is here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6zlQaMIzQJU

And the Matt Maher one is something other:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BGAZVASoUv4

The MWS one sounds like it's from the same Africa project as "A New Hallelujah," though I'm not familiar enough with that whole project to say for sure.  The MWS takes all its lyrics from the Lord's Prayer, the Matt Maher one has a bunch of other stuff.

Thanks for the suggestion, though...

Two of Ronan Johnston's songs, 'The Father's Song' and 'You have called me out of darkness'.  

Also, Brian Lawson's (WTR member) song 'Shine' has stuck with me and feel it is a great gathering song.

Hooba-hooba (that's a good thing) to anybody who's using songs posted here on WtR!  There are some good ones posted here, and I'm sure the writers appreciate their songs being used somewhere!  I try to post back a recording of our band doing the song just so the writer can hear what we did to their baby...

One of the members of our band emailed me a suggestion to check out "Diamonds"a by Hawk Nelson (2015, I think) and I liked it, we'll end up a little more country than his version (it's actually a Steingard / Ingrom Bronleeve song), but it sounds good and appropriate for our congregation.  Will have to give a listen to some of his other things...

'Hooba-hooba' - never heard of that one : )  Now.....is that one of your sayings Charles or is it a well known American saying?

I think it's a great idea to post back a song that your band is doing that someone on WTR has written.  Tell me, have you had any comments from the composers about the style in which your band does their song?

I'm considering using this song on Sunday....

http://www.resoundworship.org/song/here_is_bread

Thanks Charles, I look forward to hearing it! Certainly appreciated.

I've started the year with a couple of 'new' ones, O praise the name (Hillsong) and Good Good Father (Housefires) which are having an early impact with congregations (in that the songs are mentioned to me positively after the first use of the song). Not sure if that means they will dry up quick or stay in the set list for many years to come...we shall see.

Charles Wolff said:

Hooba-hooba (that's a good thing) to anybody who's using songs posted here on WtR!  There are some good ones posted here, and I'm sure the writers appreciate their songs being used somewhere!  I try to post back a recording of our band doing the song just so the writer can hear what we did to their baby...

One of the members of our band emailed me a suggestion to check out "Diamonds"a by Hawk Nelson (2015, I think) and I liked it, we'll end up a little more country than his version (it's actually a Steingard / Ingrom Bronleeve song), but it sounds good and appropriate for our congregation.  Will have to give a listen to some of his other things...

Here is the list of new songs we've introduced in the past 12 months:

"New Creation" - Leeland

"Multiplied" - NEEDTOBREATHE

"My Heart Is Yours" - Kristian Stanfill

"All Things New" - Elevation Worship

"Touch The Sky" - Hillsong United

"Come Lord Jesus (Even So Come)" - Kristian Stanfill (My personal favorite)

"I Will Follow" - Vertical Church

"Because He Lives (Amen)" - Matt Maher

Just heard Paul Baloche

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JVWI6imEEAU

Like it ;)

RSS

© 2017       Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service