Songwriting - Questions, Tips & Techniques (36)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Praise & Worship Songwriting Tips

I thought it would be good to share tips we might have about where to start with writing worship songs? Is it best to start with a melody a…

Started by Worship The Rock

48 Aug 25, 2011
Reply by angie perez

Sunshine on my Soldiers... makes me happy:)

Throughout history, man has used song to tell the stories of life.  The first song written down in the Bible (unless you count the violent…

Started by Greg Moore

9 Apr 28, 2011
Reply by Greg Moore

Songs written to play to non christians which tell of our view on life without worshipping God directly in them

Worship music is very important interms of ministering to God and one another in the church but shouldnt we be writing songs which we can p…

Started by Simon

23 Apr 21, 2011
Reply by Paul Kent

Secular Song Remake

I need some advice here. A friend of mine has given me the words to a new song and we both want to use a popular old song melody for it. We…

Started by Timothy Nelson

6 Apr 18, 2011
Reply by Timothy Nelson

Scripture to music - need advice ?

I am thinking of doing a "Scripture to music"  CD.    Just an audio CD with a music bed underneath and spoken Bible verses over the t…

Started by Bansaw

4 Feb 16, 2011
Reply by Bansaw

Worship as if He is not in the room?

I just want to talk about this, there must be a proper word for this, but I do not know it. Have you ever heard someone talk about another…

Started by Robert

28 Jan 18, 2011
Reply by Gerald Sharp

The theological filter and other stories

Really interesting blog from Marc James:  http://marcjamesworship.wordpress.com/2011/01/13/the-theological-filter-and-other-stories/   I wa…

Started by Brenda Cameron

8 Jan 16, 2011
Reply by Cory Zipperle

Who's to blame and what's the solution?

We've had this discussion before, here it is again...   Christian music has progressed very well over the past few years. But I think it's…

Started by Stevo

53 Jan 12, 2011
Reply by SeraphimRenegade

Worship Verse List?

Has anyone every created a list of any an all verses that seem to have direct or indirect application for musical worship? Of course everyt…

Started by Stevo

5 Jan 1, 2011
Reply by Stevo

Does anyone sense a burden to write songs of lamentations?

Are we not a kingdom of priests- a royal preisthood - all of us?  Why are the Priests not lamenting at the alter?  Is there a place in our…

Started by gary farquharson

25 Dec 15, 2010
Reply by Greg Moore

RSS

© 2017       Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service