Songwriting - Questions, Tips & Techniques (36)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Songwriting Tips

Hi Everyone, I thought it would be quite fun to start a post where we share our most useful songwriting tips. So, what is the one songwri…

Started by Alex Boxall

6 Aug 3, 2015
Reply by Brian Lawson

We Are One - Translation

Calling all brothers and sisters from around the world! I am working on a new album cover and I would like to use 'We Are One' in lots of d…

Started by Joe Aiken

4 Jul 23, 2014
Reply by Joe Aiken

Revising this secular song?

I was just kicking the idea around of tweaking the words a bit to "How sweet it is" by James Taylor so it would be directed to the Lord &am…

Started by Steve

5 Sep 4, 2013
Reply by David D Waggoner

woah woah la la la ooooo na na na

Every so often it becomes acceptable and trendy to use sounds instead of words in worship songs. I remember Hey Lord, O Lord by Tim Hughes…

Started by Joe Aiken

12 Aug 6, 2013
Reply by David D Waggoner

How can I get myself "out there" in the songwriting business and making it a career?

Hello, Just joined this forum because Dan McCollam recommended me to do so. Just couple questions, how can I get myself "out there" in the…

Started by Jesse Chan

9 Jul 8, 2013
Reply by Greg Moore

Selling the Gospel?

When and where are we justified to make money from our worship music? While selling a physical album to cover material and postage costs se…

Started by John David Coupland

4 Dec 7, 2012
Reply by Allan Midgley

Looking for Co-Writers to Write Songs With

Hi, I'm a lyricist/songwriter that's looking for other songwriters to put music to my lyrics in exchange for a 50/50 writer's royalty split…

Started by Darin Martin

2 Sep 8, 2012
Reply by Verah Vashti Okeyo

Music Makes Poetry Better

I am, at this moment, preparing visual slides for a choir anthem, "He Leadeth Me", a nice setting of the 23rd Psalm.  I had stopped to show…

Started by Greg Moore

13 May 24, 2012
Reply by Greg Moore

Song Writing First

hey guys! i have a quick question, im writing a song with my piano and i have the verses done but the thing is my left hand is doing chord…

Started by Ben Aguilar

4 Apr 6, 2012
Reply by Ed Fuchs

Write a song with me?

Hello all. Its been a little while since I've posted here. Long story short I took a break from leading worship for about 6 months and am n…

Started by David Weischedel

14 Oct 21, 2011
Reply by Stevo

RSS

© 2017       Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service